IV Conference "Fastener. Quality and Responsibility" gathered the leading specialists of the Russian fastener market for discussing the urgent issues
This conference was held on 17-18 November in St. Petersburg. Besides the Russian experts, representatives of the companies from Belarus, Germany, Italy and Taiwan took part in it.
The central issues were the questions about the quality and standardization of fasteners. According to participants, these themes got acute particularly today. The current market suggestions on poor-quality fasteners - this is a real threat to the security of the Russians. At the conference suppliers of fasteners and also fastener manufacturers spoke about their vision of the causes of low quality of the products, entering the market.
Most speeches were devoted to the standardization issues. Constructors and designers, which put certain fasteners to the documentation, appeared in a difficult situation today due to the introduction of some new Russian standards harmonized with the international standards. The discussion revealed fundamentally different positions of the participants on the harmonization of the standards for fasteners. For this reason, participants of the conference felt it is necessary to consider the issue urgently at a meeting of the Technical Committee 229 "Fasteners" in the extended format.
A look at the Russian market of metal products through the eyes of a trading company was presented by Vyacheslav Tarasov, Development Director of the group of CKI companies. What is behind the need of most customers in fasteners at a lower price?
Information from Vyacheslav Tarasov about the complexities of working with the fastener manufacturers from the CIS on the basis of experience of CKI company was the beginning of one of the discussions at the conference. Within the framework of this dialogue, the responses and vision of the situation on the part of manufacturers were announced by Andrey Kurov, Director of "Parallel" company.
The conference program also included such speeches as:
- "New in the production of titanium fasteners” by Andrey Kurov;
- "The efficiency of fasteners in the nuclear industry” by Vladimir Gorynin, Ph.D., Chief of the materials testing laboratory of Federal State Unitary Enterprise, Central Research Institute of Structural Materials "Prometey";
- "Features of fasteners for the automotive industry” by Yuriy Lavrinenko, Ph.D., Leading researcher, Central research and development automobile and engine institute NAMI, Moscow;
- "Ways of development of the current regulatory framework for anchoring systems” by Yuriy Belobrov, Technical Director of "Vip-Systems North-West" company;
- "Eddy current inspection and sorting of fasteners" by Alexey Semerenko, Head of the department, "Panatest" company.
Forthcoming in 2016 new exhibition "Fasteners. Hardware. Tools" in the framework of St. Petersburg Technical Fair was presented by Ekaterina Manapova, Project Manager of RESTEC Exhibition Company LLC.
Organizers of the Conference: Association "Prommetiz", Editorial Board of "Fasteners, Adhesives, Tools and..." Magazine, RESTEC Exhibition Company.